Poll..

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft

Adding your own custom flex soft-form and springs etc into a VR

Question: As a user of Simlab Composer, would you find it beneficial to have an option to add your own custom 'morphed animations', where they can be viewed in a 3D-VR, 3D-PDF, or WebGL??. Animated 3D Objects may include Animated Springs, Flexible Rubber Gaskets, Cables including Hydraulic Cables. The way we see it, at the moment this cannot be achieved unless the inclusion of a 3D Sequence or the Alembic format with a file extension of .abc be added to SLC. The FBX format does not support morphed animations! It's been stated that users have not asked for the inclusion of the .abc or obj Sequence. But many users have asked for animated springs. I think I read someone needing animated cloth or a flag... If you support this addition, click this option..
25%
We have never started a Poll before, so we are hoping we get some support.. It seems that the only way to discover YOUR needs is for you to have YOUR say.. If you feel its not worth adding, click this option..
75%

Total votes: 4

Tessla

Poll..

Post by Tessla » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:03 am

3D animations may include: http://tesselaar-romanoff.com/C4D-Anima ... pring.html
After an animated spring has been added, the piston can be added and animated seperatly using SLC.

Tesselaar..

Tessla

Re: Poll..

Post by Tessla » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:50 am

I added an animated Rubber Shock Absorber cover in the same link...

Tesselaar..

cyana

Post by cyana » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:30 pm

I rather would like to see some basic features like copy & paste or proper working import of texture mapping, before adding new fancy stuff.

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:54 am

You can already do Copy and Paste. That feature has been with SLC since V1.. I use it all the time..

cyana

Post by cyana » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:54 am

How? I'm talking about copy'n'paste between different sim files.

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:08 am

For that Past option, you are asking for something that very few apps support. But with Simlab Composer, you can select your objects, and save it/them into your own 3D Library... Then open a new project or an existing one and then drag the saved model/s into that scene..

cyana

Post by cyana » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:49 am

Actually I don't know any other program that does not support copy & paste between two files - Word, Excel, Rhino3D, CorelDraw, Photoshop, just to name a few, all support copy & paste. It's a genuine Windows feature since Windows exists, and every other program supports it.

Yes, at the moment I use the import approach, but this is messy, slow, and brings an overhead you cannot get rid of - your target file grows exponentially with every import you do.